We are almost a quarter of the way through 2017 and it is safe to say some trends are not going away. Thanks to the owners of Magnolia, Chip & Joanna Gaines, the Modern Farmhouse Trend is on the rise and frankly, we believe, not going anywhere. These HGTV stars are on their fourth season, sharing with the world their talents and passions for re-purposing and using unexpected materials for beautiful additions to all of their spaces.
If you know Fixer Upper, than you know Joanna’s go-to material is Ship Lap.
Here are our Top 5 go-to products to create the quintessential Modern Farmhouse look.
- Farmhouse Bowl – A farmhouse kitchen cannot be complete without the farmhouse sink bowl. Copper, porcelain, stainless, you name it. Farmhouse bowls come in a variety of finishes and patinas to enhance it’s look.
- Sink Faucet – You cannot pair your farmhouse sink with a boring ol’ faucet. Take these traditional styled faucets with a modern twist and pair them with your sink. No one says the faucet has to be boring.
- Wood, Wood, Wood – Adding natural elements, especially wood to any space will instantly create a warm and inviting environment. Wooden faux beams, wood floors, wood built ins, wood stained cabinets; the options are endless but be sure to include nature’s gift to achieve this look!
- Sliding Barn Door – Recently we have seen more and more sliding barn doors in our customers’ homes. Have a big enough wall? These doors are a perfect way to integrate wood into the space as well as take the place of hanging decorations.
- Subway Tile – We have never seen subway tile look bad! Subway tile works great for your kitchen backsplash, your master shower stall, your laundry accent wall or even a subway, brick-joint patterned wood floor. The subway look is a classic traditional design that will never date a space!
Can’t get enough of the Modern Farmhouse trend, check out these websites for more tips and tricks for creating this up and coming trend.